Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hyderabad, Nagarjuna Sagar, Ettipotala Falls







Again after a long long time, I felt to get out of Bangalore. My friend Debojit was bugging me to get to his place Hyderabad. I couldn't afford to cancel the offer of having some delicious Hyderabad Biriyanis. So I set for Hyderabad on 14th Feb 2008. 15th Feb morning i was the historical city of Hyderabad. Guess what I was in Hyderabad first time and my friend was sleeping with phone in silent mode. After giving him a call for 50 times for half an hour he finally got a nack that I might be coming to his place. :-) I had some good lunch in his house baath aar maacher jhol. After an era i was able to taste some bong food to help my dying taste buds getting alive again. In the afternoon we set off to see the historical monuments. Went to Golcund and then to Charminar. Walking those forgotten lanes of history unexplainable. The broken structures of Golcunda can easily make one getting lost in the history of its heyday. Charminar was tremendous as I had thought of before. Then me and Debojit had a huge meal of Birayani from Madina near Charminar. Man i was out of any place in stomach. The taste i couldnt forget till date... For those who love Biriyanis please try some in Hyderabad. Next I slept till late. Had again Bong food again. Then went to see a movie on colorado river in Imax. Then were off to see sunset near the Hussein Sagar Lake. The lake largness can make anyone speechless. Its not the biggest lake though but yeh seeing all sky rocketting buildings around the lake was quite fascinating. And then we decided to leave for Nagarjuna Sagar Dam the next morning. I had some little nap in the night and Debojit tried to not to sleep since he was needed in the morning. By morning 3am we were on roads hitting for Nagarjuna sagar Dam. The roads were good but the cold took our lives. All our hands were shaking in small, actually the whole body from top head to toe were shievering. We took break in every 15minutes. Finally the sunrise, the sunrise in my life which I was so desparately waiting for. I couldnt forget that. In Bangalore I have never wished for the sun to rise. And this moment. By morning 9 we were in Nagarjuna Sagar. The miles and miles of water stored by some human engineering. Did some walking near the dam. Then we set again to hit the rods for Ettipotala falls. The drive ws through the jungles and hills. Ettipotala falls is only 15km away from Nagarjuna. P.S dont venture in the water here since crocodiles are found. We had some good breakfast in the APTDC rest house. Then we hit back for Hyderabad. 500kms of drive on a single was really butt breaking. We reached back Hyderabad by 2pm. Had Biriyanis in Hyderabad House. A perfect weekend outing :-).

Debojit on his apache

No comments: