Saturday, April 19, 2008

Long Driving to Mangalore, Udupi, ST. Mary's Island

Anshu called me by Friday night 11am, asked me for any suggestions on our weekend outing. Instead of deciding of hitting some particular place we did long driving. Had no plans of where to go. By morning 5am we hit the road with me, Anshu and Satya. We went to Hasan road and thought of continuing further till Mangalore. We were in Mangalore by 2pm. Noon time and being in Mangalore its hard to prevent one from having sea foods. Me, Anshu and Satya set in to have crabs, prawns in a chinese restaurant named Haoming. I can tell you with gurantee that this restaurant is among the best chinesse restaurant in India. Then we visited the summer sand beach. Then to my alma matter NITK Surathkal beach. Anshu and Satya decided to stay in Maharaja Hotel Surathkal. I decided to better be in my old hostel :-). Next day we set for Udupi and then to St. Mary's Island. While coming we decided to come via Madikere. The road was awesome while driving through the western ghats.

2 comments:

Siddharth Maheshwari said...

great dude.. i will be leving bangalore in a month's time mostly , but surely try to get along with you for a trip somewhere. do let me know about any other trip you plan sometime in the middle of may. excellent work. I guess your travel sharing will raise some interest in all for travelling. espacially the once away from cities.

Destination Unknown said...

Liked the sunset photograph... Crisp but comprehensive read...

Vishnu