Friday, December 19, 2008

Sennheiser HD 595

I am an ardent music lover. And that means continuous playbacks of my music playlists. My creative 2.1 definitely lots of trouble to my room mates. Realizing the fact I am in lookout for some amazing Headphones. The cost was not an issue.

After a thorough market research and testing most of the available Headphones I have bought Sennheiser HD 595. After an usage for past 3 months here is my review of the headphone and why I still love it.

First of all the specs the this Headphone

Frequency Response 12 - 38,500 Hz
Nominal Impedance 50ohms
Max Spl (1kHz, 1Vrms), 112dB
Weight 9.5oz
Transducer Principle Dynamic, open
Thd <0.1%

Transducer Principle Dynamic, open
Weight Wo Cable 9.5oz
Characteristic Spl 104dB
Ear Coupling Circumaural

Connector 6.3mm stereo jack with 3.5mm adapter(both gold plated) 10ft cable, (OFC), single-sided, changeable

Well first of all the specs look very technical and for laymans term does not mean much.

So here is my preview.
I wanted a headphone which can be comfortable wearing and which I can use for long time and still get the feel of stereo effects. I tried Bose, Audiotechnica, Shure before to go for Sennheiser headphones. Shure is a master in earphones and no doubt their earphones are the best in class. But still my choice was for headphone.

Bose genuinely very famous and their headphones I felt very above what I should pay for. I can feel the bass in Bose but it still missed the clarity at lower frequency. You can sense the beats but bose is not that clear with the lower frequencies like voice, background instruments. Auditechnica same effect.

Sennheiser HD595 is above them. The Audiophile series are terrific. But I could not find much difference between the HD595, HD600, and HD650. Though Sennheiser tried a lot in improving the bass effect in higher series 600 and 650 but it loses the clarity. HD 595 gives and onstage effect as said in Sennheiser website and its very true. I can feel the music is playing somewhere far away and not on my eardrums. And this gives quite a comfort to the eardrums and during longer usage. The open air ear cups are the most confortable features. I can wear the headphones more than for 5 hours. Once I slept with the headphone and did not even I realise that it is on my ear. It gives near to 0 feel over ur head and ears. The sound is of amazing clarity. I can sense the singer breathing during a pause. Also can make out all the instruments playing in the background.

From bass side this headphone lacks that a lot. But it is made accordingly. This headphone is not for those who love bass but for those who admire the clarity and want to enjoy the music for long time.

Definitely amplification improves the performance. I sense that when I try to use Sennheiser in my ipod and then use it with my laptop. With laptop the performance is terrific.

The headphone is amazingly soothing even at high volumes. Though it leaks sound but I think its an added advantage to maitain the clarity on the ears.

I would suggest this headphone for those who admire clarity in music.

For more information I would suggest to follow the link
http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/full-size/sennheiser-hd-595.php

No comments: